Saturday, December 08, 2007
This absolutely immense pool is 1 kilometer long and covers eight hectares - that's 80,000 square meters. It's filled with about 250,000 cubic meters of salt water which is roughly equivalent to about 6,000 standard backyard pools. It cost about $1.5 billion to build and maintenance alone is about $4 million a year.
Already drawing the crowds in the South American resort of San Alfonso del Mar in Chile, this artificial lagoon and swimming pool is acknowledged by Guinness World Records as being the world's largest swimming pool, the lagoon trounces all other record holders in the category, including the Orthlieb pool in Casablanca, Morocco, itself a huge 150 meters by 100 meters (one sixth the size).
The revolutionary clear water artificial lagoons, transparent to a depth of 35 meters and unprecedented in design and construction methods, are the brainchild of Crystal Lagoons founder, biochemist and Chilean businessman Fernando Fischmann.It seems the world has gone crazy for the massive pools, with Crystal Lagoons confirming that they are in advanced planning stages with companies all over the world, in particular in the Middle East, where, says Fischmann, companies are only too keen to take advantage of the way in which the lagoons form "impressive artificial paradises, even in inhospitable areas", and at surprisingly low construction and maintenance costs.
Currently in talks with both the Nakheel and the Dubai Property Group, Fischmann will be at Cityscape to outline the technology in detail which involves the use of unlimited volumes of clear water: "This advance provides something that until now was not technically possible - the generation of monumental masses of water in a crystalline state to provide a beach life environment and aquatic sports at the top level".
For people who make themselves in distress because of futile, frivolous and trivial reasons? See him.. Learn myriad lessons from him?!!
He survived against all the odds; now Peng Shulin has astounded doctors by learning to walk again.
When his body was cut in two by a lorry in 1995, it was little short of a medical miracle that he lived.
It took a team of more than 20 doctors to save his life.
Skin was grafted from his head to seal his torso ?but the legless Mr Peng was left only 78cm (2ft 6in) tall.
Bedridden for years, doctors in China had little hope that he would ever be able to live anything like a normal life agan.
But recently, he began exercising his arms, building up the strength to carry out everyday chores such as washing his face and brushing his teeth.
Doctors at the China Rehabilitation Research Centre in Beijing found out about Mr Peng's plight late last year and devised a plan to get him up walking again.
They came up with an ingenious way to allow him to walk on his own, creating a sophisticated egg cup-like casing to hold his body with two bionic legs attached to it.
He has been taking his first steps around the centre with the aid of his specially adapted legs and a resized walking frame.
Mr Peng, who has to learn how to walk again, is said to be delighted with the device.
What a Selfconfidence !!!! Great
Courtesy : Sahridhayan
Google is written in Asynchronous java-script and XML, or its acronym Ajax.
2. What is the expansion of YAHOO?
Yet Another Hierarchy of Officious Oracle
3. What is the expansion of ADIDAS?
ADIDAS- All Day I Dream About Sports
4. Expansion of Star as in Star TV Network?
Satellite Television Asian Region
5. What is expansion of "ICICI?"
Industrial credit and Investments Corporation of India
6. What does "baker's dozen" signify?
A baker's dozen consists of 13 items - 1 more than the items in a normal dozen
7. The 1984-85 season. 2nd ODI between India and Pakistan at Sialkot - India 210/3 with Vengsarkar 94*. Match abandoned. Why?
That match was abandoned after people heard the news of Indira Gandhi being killed
8. Who is the only man to have written the National Anthems for two different countries?
Rabindranath Tagore who wrote national anthem for two different countries one is our 's National anthem and another one is for Bangladesh- (Amar Sonar* *Bangla)
9. From what four word expression does the word `goodbye` derive?
Goodbye comes from the ex-pression: 'god be with you'
10. How was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu better known?
Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu is none other Mother Teresa
11. Name the only other country to have got independence on Aug 15th than India?
12. Why was James Bond Associated with the Number 007?
Because 007 is the ISD code for Russia (or the USSR , as it was known during the cold war)
13. Who faced the first ball in the first ever One day match?
14. Which cricketer played for South Africa before it was banned from international cricket and later represented Zimbabwe ?
15. The faces of which four Presidents are carved at Mt.Rushmore?
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln
16. Which is the only country that is surrounded from all sides by only one country(other than Vatican)
Lesotho surrounded from all sides by South Africa
17. Which is the only sport which is not allowed to play left handed?
Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.
METHOD OF TREATMENT
1. As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water
2. Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minute
3. After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.
4. After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours
5. Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.
6. The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life.
The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/reduce main diseases:
1. High Blood Pressure - 30 days
2. Gastric - 10 days
3. Diabetes - 30 days
4. Constipation - 10 days
5. Cancer - 180 days
6. TB - 90 days
7. Arthritis patients should follow the above treatment only for 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards - daily.
This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times.
It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life.
Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active.
This makes sense.. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals ...not cold water. Maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain...
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you.
It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion.
Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
A serious note about heart attacks: Women should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting.
Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack.
Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.
60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up.
Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know the better chance we could survive...
A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this mail sends it to everyone they know, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life.
**Please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about**
Sunday, November 11, 2007
1.Throw out nonessential numbers.
This includes age, weight, and height.
Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2.Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!
4. Enjoy the simple things
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her!
6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself.
LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Not sure how true this is...
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome - Arthur Ashe
It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself - Ralph Waldo Emerson
A man's mind, stretched by a new idea, can never go back to its original dimension - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere - Martin Luther King
I hear and forget. I see and remember. I do and I understand - Confucius
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it - David Starr Jordan
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. And one quote on though, yet with an element of action. All truly wise thoughts have been tought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience. - Johann von Goethe
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
- 10% of Software Professionals are predicted to be affected by major diseases like Carpal tunnel syndrome, heart diseases etc
- 20% of Software Professionals marry their co-workers
- 30% of Software Professionals are interested in Live in relationship because they tend to hate the responsibility both in office and house
- 40% of Software Professionals are confused about settling down (India or abroad)
- 50% of Software Professionals has No savings in their Bank Account
- 60% of Software Professionals are not satisfied with their current wages
- 70% of Software Professionals work more than 8 hours across globe
- 80% of Software Professionals live away from their Parents
- 90% of Software Professionals are NOT HAPPY about their Life, meeting deadlines, client satisfaction, incentives, promotions, increment, onsite trips, wife, children, visa status, and commitments
- 100% of Software professionals wish they had a choice other than computers in their life at least once in their lifetime
Friday, September 21, 2007
Click Here or Here to read full article.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Remove underlying causes. The main approach to treat insomnia is to remove the underlying cause. Hence, assessment of insomnia needs to be thorough so that all possible causes both physical and psychological are uncovered. Medical treatments can vary depending on the condition. Some physical ailments can be treated with medication. Others may require surgery.
Relax. Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, muscle relaxation, meditation, listening to soothing music and stopping work-related activities two hours before bedtime.
Review the sleep habits and conditions that promote sleep. Have a regular sleeping and rising time, avoid naps during the day and keep your bedroom peaceful and comfortable. Manage your own expectations about sleep, as unreasonable expectations can lead to further worsening of sleep.
Reduce stimulants. Cut down on your intake of caffeine & chocolates and avoid cigarettes and alcohol. These items affect sleep quality.
Exercise. Regular daily exercise, preferably performed in the daytime or completed at least four hours before bedtime, can improve sleep quality. However, aerobic activity or strenuous exercises before bed time may make falling asleep difficult.
If problem persist, consultant a doctor.
You can read more about Insomnia here
This article explains well about how to rest better as we grow older since that is very common problem for aged people.
Friday, September 14, 2007
I was one such victim couple of years back. I was suffering severely suffering because of very bad gastric attack. Then I consulted a physician, who was referred by my friend. I liked the way he treated me. Normally if we go to any physician they prescribe couple of pills to take and probably some syrup like gelusil MPS to bring temporary cure. But he wasn’t the same type of professional. He told me, “Listen, I am not willing to give you any pills to give you a temporary stopping to your problem. Instead I will give you a solution that will solve this problem for ever”. Then he said, “Follow these set of protocols and come back to me if you ever get this problem repeating”.
Here are those points for your reading and benefiting:
- Never skip your breakfast and it could be of even a cereal or Kellogg
- Have your meals at fixed timings and at regular intervals
- Drink lots of water in order not to keep your stomach empty
- Meditate on the thought that the reddish intestine is slowly changing to its original color of pink based for few mints
- Never drink Orange juice on empty stomach
- Eat fruits than to drink fruit juices and make it a point that you take at least two fruits a day
- Have item that contains sources of fibre drinks like Soya, Nuts & Beans
- Have early dinner and sleep at least one hour later after your dinner
PS: Also add our food few items like peppermint, ginger & garlic will fight against gas too.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Jalan Brickfields (Padang/Lapang Bata) - 1870
Yap Ah Loy merancang membina kilang
Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad - 1897
Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad - 1897
Banjir 1926 - Jalan Tun Perak (Jalan Jawa)
Pudu Jail - 1896
Kuala Berlmpur - Masjid Jame'k - 1909
Jalan Bukit Bintang - 1950
Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park bench, head in hands, wondering if anything could save his company from bankruptcy.
Suddenly an old man appeared before him.
"I can see that something is troubling you," he said.
After listening to the executive's woes, the old man said, "I believe I can help you."
He asked the man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into his hand saying, "Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you
can pay me back at that time."
Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.
The business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000, signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world!
"I can erase my money worries in an instant!" he realized. But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed check in his safe. Just knowing it was there might give him the strength to work out a way to save his business, he thought.
With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.
Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check.
At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared. But just as the executive was about to hand back the check and share his success story, a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.
"I'm so glad I caught him!" she cried. "I hope he hasn't been bothering you.
He's always escaping from the rest home and telling people he's John D.Rockefeller." And she led the old man away by the arm.
The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he'd been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him.
Suddenly, he realized that it wasn't the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.
"Success is failure turned inside out."
SINGAPORE/JAKARTA - Tremors were felt in Singapore on Thursday at about 8am after a strong aftershock of 8.3 magnitude rattled Sumatra island. Members of the public called STOMP to say that they noticed tremors in places like Ponggol, Tampines, Yishun, Bishan, Telok Blangah and Woodlands. One said he could see the water in his fish tank sway while another felt his block shaking. A police news release said together with the SCDF, they have received about 150 calls from the public reporting the tremors. Metereological Services confirmed that an earthquake occurred in Southern Sumatra and registered 8.3 on the Richter scale. The public is advised that there is no cause for alarm.
Tsunami warning issued
Over in Japan, its Meteorological Agency issued a tsunami warning for Indonesia, Australia, India and Sri Lanka on Thursday after the latest earthquake rocked Sumatra.
'There is a possibility of a destructive regional tsunami in the Indian Ocean,' the agency said in a statement, adding that the Indian Ocean coasts of Sumatra and Java and Australia's Cocos Islands could be affected within an hour.
It said all coasts of India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands and all coasts of Sri Lanka could be affected between one to three hours.
Rescue teams are being sent to Sumatra, where a powerful earthquake on Wednesday destroyed buildings in several towns and cities
'The emergency rescue system has mobilised and the president has ordered the military to help the rescue effort,' President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's spokesman said.
Indonesia's Health Ministry crisis centre in Jakarta said the latest casualty figures showed that six people had been killed and 40 injured after the initial 8.4 magnitude quake.
The earthquake, which was also felt in neighbouring Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia on Wednesday, caused extensive damage to buildings along Sumatra's coast, officials said.
Some buildings had collapsed in Padang, the capital of West Sumatra north of the tremor's epicentre, witnesses reported, while Metro TV said some buildings had caught fire.
'The city is in complete chaos. Everyone is heading to higher ground, I saw one house collapsed to the ground. I'm trying to save my family,' said a witness in Padang.
Padang Mayor Fauzi Bahar said three people were trapped in a collapsed three-storey office building.
Dr David Oppenheimer, a scientist with the United States Geological Survey in Menlo Park, California, said the death toll could well rise as authorities take stock of the impact.
A quake with an eight magnitude typically leads to partial collapse of buildings, houses moved off their foundations, and other damage, he said.
'That's the kind of stuff that causes death, especially in the Third World,' he said, 'I think there is an information blackout at this point.'
As several big aftershocks hit the region, many people chose to sleep out in the open rather than return indoors, said a Red Cross official in Bengkulu, close to the epicentre of the quake.
A total of 141,000 people in the Sumatran towns of Curup and Sungaipenuh were exposed to a quake of magnitude 7, according to the US Geological Survey, while a combined 379,000 people in Bengkulu and Pagaralam were exposed to a magnitude six quake.
'Glass was broken, ceilings collapsed, and the walls cracked in the hospital,' said Mr Aldi, a member of the staff of M. Yunus hospital in Bengkulu. He added that patients were being treated in two tents erected in the hospital grounds and that more tents were needed.
Mr Rustam Pakaya, head of the health ministry crisis centre in Jakarta, said the latest casualty figures showed that four people had been killed and 21 injured.
He said the government would send one tonne of medicine, three tonnes of food supplements, and one tonne of noodles on Thursday for displaced people in the area.
'This quake is a test in Ramadan so that Indonesians become more patient,' Mr Pakaya said, referring to the fact that the quake struck on the eve of the Muslim fasting month.
An official at Indonesia's meteorological agency said gauges measured a wave surge of one metre after the first quake. The agency said the big quake's epicentre was 159km south-west of Bengkulu, a remote area of mountains and forests.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre issued an Indian Ocean tsunami warning after the first quake struck at 6.10pm (7.10pm Singapore time). Authorities from Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Australia issued independent warnings, as did India for the Andaman and Nicobar islands, France for the island of Reunion and Mozambique. -- REUTERS, AFP
In the event of future tremors, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) has advised the public to:
1. Be calm
2. If you are out in the open, to stay there. If in the building
a.to take cover under a table
b.keep away from items made of glass or hanging objects
c.do not use the lift
d.do not use a naked light, in case there is a gas leak
3.After all vibrations have stopped
a.to stay away from any exposed cables, damaged power points or hanging objects
b.report gas leaks
c.help the injured (call SCDF at 995 if the injuries are significant)
d.report any incidents or issues of law and order to the Police
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
He decided to try to break the news to a friend of his, a pessimist by nature, and invited him to hunt with him and his new dog. As they waited by the shore, a flock of ducks flew by. They fired, and a duck fell. The dog responded and jumped into the water. The dog, however, did not sink but instead walked across the water to retrieve the bird, never getting more than his paws wet. The friend saw everything but did not say a single word.
On the drive home the hunter asked his friend, "Did you notice anything unusual about my new dog?"
I sure did," responded his friend. "He can't swim"
Mora: Showing off brings nothing but Pride & Ego and at times nose cut like above.
- Ask him to talk v-e-r-y slowwwwwwwwly, tell him that because you want to write down every word he says
- When he introduces himself (eg "John"), immediately say, "Wah piang eh!, John! Long time no see, How are you? How is your life going on? Are you still living in that same old place?" This should stun John for a while, as he scrambles to remember where he might know you from
- After he finishes marketing spiel, tell him he must marry you first before you sign on
- If he says he's Ah Boon Sheng from XYZ Pte Ltd, ask him to spell his name first. Once he finishes then ask him to spell his company name. Then ask him where it's located. Continue asking him personal questions or questions about the company until he gives you up
- Insist that caller is actually your friend Ben, playing a joke. "ello, Ben, Don't like that leh! Stop playing this fool! I know its you!!! Seriously, Ben, How is your Mom doing? Is she out from the hospital yet?" and talk more till he ends your call
- After he finishes his pitch, say in very creepy voice, "Thank you for calling me. I don't have many friends...do you want to be my friend?"
- If he asks, "How are you?" Tell him, "Wah Lau, got so many problems. My fish all died in my fish tank, then my mother and father had this big arguments until the neighbours called the police, and then lagi worse, don't know why, but my right leg was itching the whole day, so I went to the clinic and then..." continue until you hear beep beep beep from the other end
- Tell him you're busy at the moment, and ask him for his home number so you can call him back. He'll try to give you his office number, but insist on his home number as you will be busy whole day can call only night. When he says he can't give his home number, ask him, "you don't want some funny stranger calling you up at home and disturbing you, is it?"
Friday, September 07, 2007
Introduced by Peter D'Adamo, the Blood Type Diet is based on the assumption that everyone is an individual. And who are we to argue? Logically, just because we share the same row and column in the BMI chart, it shouldn't define the way our dietary habits are. The Blood Type Diet makes interesting claims that people fare better (which includes weight management) when their diet is tailored to their specific blood type.
Individuals who fall under the Type A blood group should basically stick to fruits and vegetable. Their blood types is generally thicker than other blood types, and possess a sensitive immune system. These individuals should not consume (or should reduce intake) dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are also at a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.
Type B blood groupers should consumer a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables, grains, dairy and meat. However, they should try to refrain from chicken, and increase intake of red meat such as duck and beef. Unlike the other blood types, Type B individuals have the best chance of bypassing or overcoming everyday types of diseases, as well as heart disease and cancer.
For Type AB individuals, intake of a mostly vegetarian diet is recommended. And only on rare occasions should they indulge in some fish, meat (not chicken) and dairy.
Those that fall under the Type O blood type should basically stick to a high protein diet, low carbs, as well as a balanced intake of fruits and vegetables. However, food foes for Type Os include most grain food such as corn and wheat germ. They should also try to avoid dairy products. Type O types are commonly affected with hypothyroidism, high stomach acid (leading to ulcers), and thinner blood with greater resistance to blood clotting.
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
The young man was quite amazed that he was asked such a personal question, he replied, none the less, "I earn Rs.2000 a month, Sir. Why?"
Without answering, the MD took out his wallet and removed 6000 bucks cash and gave it to the young man and said, "Around here I pay people 4 working, not 4 standing Around looking pretty! Here is 3 months' salary, n now just GET OUT and don't come back"
The young man turned around and was quickly out of sight. Noticing a Few onlookers, the MD said in a very upset manner, "And that applies for everybody in this company".
He approached one of the onlookers and asked him, "Who's the young man that I just fired?"
To which an amazing reply came of, "He was the pizza delivery man, Sir...!!!"
As you know the moral is very clear, Assume Nothing.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
2) Picture taken when microsoft was started. Not to mention the Boy in the Box, None other than Mr. Bill Gates.
3) Steve Woznaik(sitting) and Steve Jobs of APPLE Computers. He was three months late in filing a name for the business because he didn't get any better name for his new company. So one day he told to the staff: " If I'll not get better name by 5 o'clcok today, our company's name will be anything he likes..." So at 5 o'clcok nobody comeup with better name, and he was eating APPLE that time... So he keep the name of the company 'Apple Computers'.
4) Bill Hewlett(L) and Dave Packard(R) of HP. Behind them in the picture is the famous HP Garage. Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard tossed a coin to decide whether the company they founded would be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett. And the winner was NOT Bill... the winner was Dave.
5) Ken Thompson (L)and Dennis Ritchie(R) ,creators of UNIX. Dennis Ritchie improved on the B programming language and called it 'New B'. B was created by Ken Thompson as a revision of the Bon programming language (named after his wife Bonnie). He later called it C.
6) Larry Page(L) and Sergey Brin(R), founders of Google. Google was originally named 'Googol'. After founders (Stanford graduates) Sergey Brin and Larry Page presented their project to an angel investor... They received a cheque made out to 'Google' !... So they kept name as GOOGLE.
7) Gordon Moore(L) and Bob Noyce(R) ,founders of Intel. Bob Noyce and Gordon Moore wanted to name their new company ' Moore Noyce'. But that was already trademarked by a hotel chain... So they had to settle for an acronym of INTegrated ELectronics... INTEL.
8) Andreas Bechtolsheim , Bill Joy, Scott Mc Nealy and Vinod Khosla of SUN(StanfordUniversity Network) MicroSystems founded by four StanfordUniversity buddies. Andreas Bechtolsheim built a microcomputer. Vinod Khosla recruited him; Scott McNealy to manufacture computers based on it; and Bill Joy to develop a UNIX-based OS for the computer... SUN is the acronym for Stanford University Network.
9) Linus Torvalds of Linux Operating System Linus Torvalds originally used the Minix OS on his system which he replaced by his OS. Hence the working name was Linux (Linus' Minix). He thought the name to be too egotistical and planned to name it Freax (free + freak + x). His friend Ari Lemmk encouraged Linus to upload it to a network so it could be easily downloaded. Ari gave Linus a directory called linux on his FTP server, as he did not like the name Freax. Linus like that directory name and he kept the name of his new OS to LINUX.
10) Picture taken when INFY was started. This picture was found in the album of the clerk who took this picture... The picture was with that clerk only because it was his birthday and he just told everyone to stand together at one place to take a pic. He borrow a camera from his friend and as he can not tell any of his boss to take pic, so he took pic by himself... Even though it was his birthday.
Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference
Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times - Mark Twain
They've finally come up with the perfect office computer. If it makes a mistake, it blames another computer - Milton Berle
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use
There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side
If you can't convince them, confuse them - Harry S Truman
You know the speed of the light, so what's the speed of dark?
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office
I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it byleaving early - Charles Lamb
If our constitution allows us free speech, why are there phone bills?