Friday, December 29, 2006

Earthquake in Taiwan damaged undersea cables

If you were wondering why I didn't update my blog for few days, this is the reason.
Undersea cable damaged by series of powerful quakes off Taiwan. Ever since I started using Internet I was totally out of cyber world for 3 days continuously because of this. I didn't know that Singapore most of the Service Providers are now totally depending on the under ground cable linking for Internet service. All ISP Except Pacific Net is affected because of this quake hit. Now, the service seems to be recovering back slowly. I heard from news media that it would take at least 2 weeks to settle the issues fully. Meanwhile, I will try my level best to update the blog.

Please read the full news here : Quakes disrupt Asia communications

4 comments:

Hell's Angel said...

evry1 i know in singapore seem to rant abt this..but in India we dont have to wait 4 an earthquake 2 hit...hehe..

Saravanan said...

Agree with you. I wish I could have stayed there...

Looney Mom™ said...

Bummer. I'm glad you're back on.

Saravanan said...

Thanks Liz, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007 :)